New York, New York – Toughturtle LLC today is proud to announce the release of Dive Cayman, the first interactive dive site App for iOS. Tailored specifically for the scuba diver while either on, or off, the Cayman Islands, the App gives the user a wealth of information in an easy-to-use and feature-rich user interface. Dive Cayman was created by divers, for divers.
The Cayman Island’s pristine reefs and diverse marine life are unique to the Caribbean, and diving the Caymans is like diving the Caribbean the way it used to be – untouched and unspoiled. And so, the Dive Cayman App is unique and the way a diving App should be – interactive and universally informative.
The user interface of the App couldn’t be simpler. Upon launch, the user is presented with a full screen map of their location. Non-Cayman locations will be prompted to zoom directly to the map of the Cayman Islands. With over 330 dive sites automatically plotted on the map, the user can zoom, scroll, and tap on a dive site to be presented with the dive site name and its rating. Tapping on the icon will open a detailed information screen chock full of everything you need to know about that site, even the distance from the user. From here you can rate, add personal notes, and mark the site as did dive, plan to dive, or did not dive. This feature creates a Dive Log (“bucket list”) so you can remember which sites you want to dive at a later time. A comprehensive list of dive sites, sorted by name, distance, snorkeling, and the previously mentioned Dive Log, is included that quickly showcases the name, location, distance, and rating.
The beautiful Fish Identification feature of the App highlights over 120 fish, creatures, and corals that are found in the Cayman Islands. Scroll through the list, each with thumbnail images, and tap on an item to reveal a detailed screen of information. From there you can mark the fish, creature, or coral as seen at any of the dive site locations which will create a personal Fish Id log. And what would a dive App be without up to the minute weather conditions and five day forecasts. All this and much more.
Features of the App:
* Over 330 dive sites automatically plotted on the fully interactive map for all three islands
* Tap to get all the important information about a dive site: location, coordinates, distance, diver experience, mooring locations, depth, current, visibility, dangers, and more
* Updated dive site ratings from the global network of the App’s users
* Add notes, rate, and mark a dive site to your personal “Bucket List”
* Fish identification: featuring name, binomial nomenclature, descriptions, and the ability to notate where you saw it
* Current weather information, including five day forecasts
* Avoid expensive roaming fees. Dive Cayman can be used both online and offline. All content can be viewed instantly, from anywhere, without an internet connection
* Dive Cayman is the most comprehensive app for the Cayman Islands, with over 330 dive sites and identification for the local fish, creatures, and corals
* Detailed information about the Cayman Islands and valuable boat diving tips to make the most out of your dives
* Settings to toggle between different date formats, units (imperial or metric), auto-zoom, and more
“I was recently in the Cayman Islands and the need for an App like this was definitely needed,” said Todd Barnes, Lead Developer, Toughturtle LLC. “Toughturtle released a similar App for the island of Bonaire earlier this year, and it was nice to use the same successful model to build and develop this App for the Cayman Islands dive community. As with the previous App for Bonaire, a truly native and interactive dive site solution is a must in this smartphone/tablet world.”
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3/4/5 gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 73 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Dive Cayman 1.0 is $4.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.
Established in November 1997, Toughturtle LLC develops innovative and easy to use interactive applications for the Internet and for Mobile Devices. For more information about Toughturtle, please visit their website. Copyright 2013 Toughturtle LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.