Naperville, Illinois – Twocanoes Software has released Winclone 4.4, the latest update to the flagship product. New features include support for Windows 8.1 in EFI mode and restoring Boot Camp to external drives. External booting requires Windows 8/8.1 and newer Mac hardware.
Apple’s Boot Camp makes it possible to run Windows directly on Mac hardware. Winclone creates an exact copy of Boot Camp for quick recovery or migration to a new Mac. Winclone 4 features real PC migration to Boot Camp, network migration and disk-to-disk cloning. Winclone Pro includes Boot Camp package installation for mass deployment, remote installation and user-initiated restoration of Boot Camp clones on the Mac.
“We are delighted to offer great new functionality in Winclone 4.4,” says Timothy Perfitt, founder of Twocanoes Software. “Boot Camp users now now have more options for running Windows on internal or external drives.”
Winclone 4 Feature Highlights:
* Restore Windows 8/8.1 to internal or external Boot Camp partition
* Real PC migration to Boot Camp
* Network migration to Boot Camp
* Share Winclone images on the network
* Create a self-contained Boot Camp installer package (Winclone Pro)
* Optimized for faster imaging and restoring
* Improved interface for easier navigation
* Full integration with major deployment tools
* Transfer, resize, and restore Microsoft Windows Boot Camp partition files in OS X
* Monitor file status and errors during image creation
* Save time…no more Windows re-installs
* Consolidate disk space
* Migrate Windows Boot Camp partitions to other computers with ease
* Language support for German, Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Chinese (Traditional and Simplified)
Winclone System Requirements:
* Mac OS X 10.7 or higher
* Windows 7 or higher
* Boot Camp Partition
Twocanoes offers a support package that includes two years of technical support and maintenance, including access to priority technical support and all minor and major upgrades.
Based in Naperville, Illinois, Twocanoes Software was founded by Timothy Perfitt in 2012. Focusing on iOS and OS X exclusively, Twocanoes provides customers with software to perform complex IT tasks with minimum effort. Copyright (C) 2014 Twocanoes Software, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.