Baltimore, Maryland – Social/mobile game developer PlayScreen, LLC has joined forces with AdsYolo to launch their acclaimed iOS word game, Word Carnivale, into the Apple Chinese App Store. In Word Carnivale, players are pitted against their friends in a “best of three” contest to form words within the allotted time. Unlike a conventional word-finding game, Word Carnivale replaces boring static blocks with balloons that pop when words are formed, allowing new balloons to float up. Word Carnivale hit the top of the charts for iPhone Educational and Word Games, soon after its launch in December 2012.
“The value of Word Carnivale’s unique ‘Word Search’ game mechanic is that it brings in new letters and creating new possibilities with every word found,” says William Volk, Chief Creative Officer, PlayScreen. “Players can start with simple words without getting stuck as in traditional ‘Word Search’ games. This broadens the game’s appeal from the traditional ‘vocabulary savvy’ users an ‘English as a Second Language’ demographic as in China.” Volk added “We’ve seen non-native speakers progress in a few weeks from a modest vocabulary to game mastery in a matter of weeks.”
Tony Thielman, the founder of AdsYolo commented, “We think Word Carnivale is a perfect language vehicle to connect with our Chinese audience. Among this emerging middle-class is a strong desire to learn English. It is their way to absorb all that is coming to them from the West. And AdsYolo is all about supporting that effort.”
AdsYolo is a Mobile Advertising Agency focused on helping Western enterprises reach consumers in China through the largest in-App network in China.
* For App developers who want to expand their user base among the most energetic, youthful, entrepreneurial and fastest growing middle-class in the world, AdsYolo offers a direct line of communication with its 200,000,000 unique, monthly visitors in Greater China.
* For App developers who are serving empty impressions in China because they are not speaking the language, AdsYolo offers a way to better monetize those impressions and help clients generate revenue, also increasing ROI.
* For multinational brands with a presence in the country and for those trying to establish a position there, AdsYolo provides a way to speak to Chinese consumers directly in their pockets, on their 300,000,000 mobile phones. The company’s history of digital agency support, operationally and creatively, is deep and wide going back more than a decade.
* iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S, iPhone 5, iPod touch (3/4/5 Gen) and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.3 or later
* 42.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Word Carnivale 1.02 is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
From the very first iPhone game, even before the App Store was an app store, PlayScreen, LLC has been committed to creating the best in mobile, casual, and social games. PlayScreen strives to stay ahead of the curve with a single focus: the players. The company consists of gamers and veteran developers who combine strong design and gameplay with the elusive “fun factor.” Copyright (C) 2013 PlayScreen, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.