Monroe, New York – Appetit today is proud to announce a new version of its popular ZoomIt screen-magnifying app for Mac OS X. The release includes enhanced performance in addition to other key features, such as an easily identifiable black and white icon on the task bar, retina display support, a loupe-sized indicator in the drop-down menu, and the ability to hide the loupe when saving a screenshot. The developers at Appetit knew the next upgrade would include OpenGL support to boost performance, and support for mountain lion (10.8), but the other features came as a result of user feedback.
With the release of version 1.2, users can still take advantage of the simple yet powerful functionality that they have come to expect from Zoom It; the app that makes it easy to view your Mac’s screen through a virtual magnifying glass, with out having to zoom in the entire screen. Zoom It’s users include artists, engineers, designers, presenters, photographers, project collaborators and people who rely on corrective lenses. The app’s handy loupe can still magnify any area of the user’s screen from 5 to 45%, making it far superior to the screen zoom that is built into OS X.
* Fixed performance issue.
* Fixed keyboard shortcut issues in mountain lion (10.8)
* Has an easily identifiable B&W icon on the task bar
* Provides loupe size indicator on its drop-down menu
* Hides Loupe when saving screenshot
* Added Retina Display support
Zoom It Feature Highlights:
* Easily adjust the amount of magnification, up to 500%
* Adjust the size of the loupe quickly and easily
* Settings keep the app available yet out of the way
* Does not interfere with using keyboard shortcuts, trackpad controls or mouse clicks
* Customize keyboard shortcuts for all Zoom It functions
* Control when the loupe appears and disappears with simple keyboard shortcuts
* Click, type, and select inside the magnified area
* Round or rectangular loupe options
* Grab screenshots from your loupe
Appetit co-owners Joel Kraus and Moshe Samet agreed that it was important for this new release to include the most popular user-requested features. “We pay close attention to user-generated reviews, and do our best to respond with appropriate version updates. After all, we’re Zoom It users too; we look forward to enhanced functionality as much as anyone,” said Kraus.
* Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later
* 4.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Zoom It 1.2 is $2.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category.
Located in Monroe, New York and founded in 2011, Appatit develops easy-to-use utility and productivity applications. Co-owners Joel Kraus and Moshe Samet strive to make people’s lives easier on the computer by creating apps and utilities. Working with the end user in mind, they are designing their apps to be very customizable, user-friendly, almost intuitive, and without clutter. Copyright (C) 2011-2013 Appatit Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Mac OS X platforms are trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.